Akina Mama wa Afrika in partnership with the Open Society Initiative of Southern Africa (OSISA) invites applications to the 2nd Feminist Facilitation Workshop scheduled to take place from the 22nd -26th of April in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The training aims to strengthen the capacity of young women leaders in Southern Africa who already have a firm grasp of the principles and ethos of feminist leadership, to equip them with the practical skills to train others at national levels. The training will also enhance the skills of the trainees in organisational development, as a strategy to enhance agency in women’s movements in the southern Africa region.
Applicants who meet the following criteria will be considered:
- Must be a young woman of between 25 and 40 years of age;
- Must have undertaken the OSISA and IPLG Young Women’s Feminist Leadership Course
- Be a citizen and resident of the following three SADC countries: Angola, DRC, Namibia, Mozambique, Botswana Malawi
- Must have attained or is studying towards a qualification from a recognized tertiary institution
- Have at least 2 year work experience working in an organization or program related to gender equality or women’s rights;
- Currently employed, or working in an area where feminist or gender policy advocacy and lobbying is important;
- English proficiency is critical (the course will be delivered in English only)
- Demonstrate commitment to participate for the duration of the full course.
Young women who wish to apply for the training course are required to submit the following:
- A concept note not more than three pages (single-spaced) addressing the following:
- Describing the problem you seek to solve through training other young women in feminist leadership
- How you plan to implement the stated Action Plan above
- The expected outcome of the Action Plan and how it will benefit other young women from Southern Africa
- Completed application form (attached at the end of this document);
- Commitment form to be completed by employer (attached at the end of this document).
Attached is the full call for applications Call for Applications – Young Women’s Feminist Facilitation Workshop
***Deadline for receipt of applications is 22nd February 2014***